Bill & Ray’s was established in Oskaloosa, Iowa in 1957 by Bill Holmes and Raymond DeJong. The business originally serviced cars as well as larger, diesel-powered trucks and equipment. Over time, Bill & Ray’s Auto Service grew to the point that it was necessary to eliminate the small auto repair and focus primarily on diesel engine and wrecker service. After many years of service, Ray retired in 1992 and he handed the business over to his sons, Dennis DeJong and David DeJong. Dennis died suddenly in 2017, and David continues to run the family business with his son Matthew.